Hayden and Olivia making "turkey" place cards out of tracings of their hands. This was Kelli's creative idea, not mine. The cheeseball on th table, that was my idea. Yum-O!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Our Thanksgiving
Sorry I haven't updated about Thanksgiving yet. I had family in town and then left for Toledo for Thanksgiving and when we got back I was procrastinating. It was fun to stay at my sister's house in Toledo for the holiday. Her house is decorated way cute and even though her kitchen is definitely a two person kitchen, we had a fun time making the turkey dinner for our families. I have to admit, I have a new type of respect and admiration for my mother now after Kelli and I cooked a whole Thanksgiving dinner. It's exhausting! We made maple-glazed turkey, homemade yams (my mom's recipe- the best!), sour cream mashed potatoes, green beans with shallots and garlic, homemade turkey gravy, store bought rolls (we had to cut corners somewhere!), cornbread stuffing, pumpkin pie, and homemade apple pie. To top it off, we got up at 6am the next day to join the rest of the crazies at Kohl's and Target where we got most of our Christmas shopping done (along with some screaming deals!). We went back to get the kids and husbands and went to another Target (we hit three different Targets in one day! Fabulous!) and WalMart and then ended up at the mall. The trip was a lot of fun and the cousins were able to play (and argue) as much as they wanted. We watched some movies, got Papa Murphy's pizza, played card games (which I unfortunately didn't win- I need to work on my game before Christmas rolls around!), and just hung out. I have to admit, I'm a little proud of myself (and Kelli) for making an entire Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey was delicious, the gravy wasn't lumpy but was very tasty, and the yams were just as I remembered them. I am so excited to help with Christmas dinner this year! Now, prepare yourself for the many, many pictures! 
Hayden and Olivia making "turkey" place cards out of tracings of their hands. This was Kelli's creative idea, not mine. The cheeseball on th table, that was my idea. Yum-O!
Our first turkey. She was big and heavy and oh so delicious! We had a lot of drippings for gravy!
Uh, Hayden? I think your fork is on the floor... I used to hate the kiddie table, but I loved that they had their own little picnic so we had more elbow room at the "grown up" table (can you really call a table that Adam and Jage are sitting at a "grown up" table? I'm having issues with that...)
This is my third Thanksgiving in a row where I have a picture of Adam doing this to the turkey leg. I'm feeling a little sorry for that turkey leg right now.
Don't let this picture fool you. Jack enjoyed his mashed potatoes, green beans, and yams so much that he wore most of them until bath time. I just figured you all wanted to see a cute and clean picture instead of a close up of mashed potato face. See? I'm looking out for your well being.
This is Jack's baby mullett (is that how it's spelled?) and Jeremiah was nice enough to wet down the back of his hair and twist it into a tail. Cute, huh? Anyway, time for Baby's First Haircut! And yes, I did save some locks just in case his hair changes color so I can prove to people later how red his hair really was!
Who knew getting your hair cute would be so fun and exciting?! He leaned forward like this the whole time because it tickled and he was trying to get away. He is also giggling the whole time because it tickled, and we had to hold his head because he was so squirmy.
Much better, although I think we'll have to cut his hair every few weeks now so it stays this short.
Hayden and Olivia making "turkey" place cards out of tracings of their hands. This was Kelli's creative idea, not mine. The cheeseball on th table, that was my idea. Yum-O!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Your turkey is beautiful and looks delicious! The whole menu sounds amazing! I must admit I do miss Jack's baby mullet, but I guess you shouldn't let him get used to that early on, or you may have some battles when he is older:) I love the face Olivia is making at Hayden at the kids table. She makes that face to Rylynn a lot too.
Wow,sounds like you had a blast...oh wait, you did, because you were with me! I didn't realize we hit 3 Targets, I guess we are Hjelm's through and through =) See you in a few days!
So fun! Good job on your dinner, I bet it was delicious! I just updated from our Thanksgiving post too, so that made me feel better that I wasn't the only slow blogger around. What screaming deals did you find?
oh, and I love the baby mullett! Jack is so cute. Nice hair cut!
Hey! Love the Thanksgiving post. Especially the drum sticks with the boys. Yum! Wish I could be with all of you at Thanksgiving! And, could you forward me the pictures of MY nephew Cole? Somehow I haven't gotten the emails. Love ya!
Youe turkey looks so yummy! You guys definitely went all out. We'll have to hire you for next year :) I'm loving Jack's mullet-too cute!! Sad to say, Lucy's still got hers.
Great job on the Thanksgiving dinner! Your turkey looks delicious! Hannah has the opposite of a mullet, hers is shorter in the middle and longer on the sides. It may be time for her first haircut as well.
Haha! I have totally seen Adam in that drumstick pose so many times! And you should have waited to cut Jack's hair - he and Bryce could have been the mullet cousins. Good job on the turkey - it looks so good I almost licked the computer screen (just kidding, sort of)!
You did an entire Thanksgiving dinner? That's amazing and it looks like it was so yummy! I'm glad to know someone else went out the day after Thanksgiving to hit the deals...me, too. I didn't go as early as you did, but still, I think it's so fun! Love the Christmas mix, too. And I'm secretly in love with Michael Buble now because of you.:) Love Jack's hair...and yes, with boys, the haircutting is way more constant! Ugh!:)
PS-I just read The Notebook...you probably saw the movie, but the book was really good and a very quick read. Have you read the Twilight series? It was fast and good, too!:)
So, I think you're winning on the number of comments a single post wins. Let's keep this up and see if we can get in the 20s or even 30s. And, I just responded to your comment on my running one--sorry I rejected one of your comments. I had no idea I did!
Also, I think I dreamed I had a red-haired baby last night. I looked at your post and it all came back to me. I guess I'm jealous of you and Celeste--and Kristen.
Post a Comment