Monday, April 2, 2012

Review: Old Navy Dresses

So, I am involved with a company called Crowdtap. Basically it's a website that allows companies (like Old Navy, Woolite, Playtex, Verizon, etc) to get opinions and feedback from consumers to help better their products through samples and discussions. It's a great website and not only do you get to sample some items (Listerine's new mouthwash, free clothes from Old Navy, etc) but you also get points for your involvement that you can redeem for rewards like gift cards to Amazon!

Part of my involvement with Crowdtap is the Old Navy Style Council. Okay, that's my biggest involvement. I am in a lot of their discussions, and I have had the opportunity to sample a lot of their clothing! I love Old Navy clothing. I can always find what I am looking for while I'm there, whether it's a special kind of shirt or an outfit for one of my kids, and their basic line is perfect!

Old Navy recently launched their new dress line. And it's amazing. They have six categories to choose from, which is way more than I've seen in years past. There are Maxis, Brights, Prints, LBD (Little Black Dress), Limited Edition, and Jersey. The best part? They are all super affordable and there is a style to fit everyone! When I first got into the sample share I logged onto the website and immediately fell in love with so many styles, but I went into the store with my free coupons with a super open mind. I know that things online never look the same when they are on me :)

My favorites were the Maxis. I already own two from Old Navy last year and I wore them all summer long. They are perfect to throw on during the day and I'm comfortable enough to wear them all day long while running errands. And we all know how kids like to pull up dresses (I have no idea why they do this) but with maxi dresses I don't have to worry about what my kids are doing. They are flowy and pretty and I get tons of compliments when I wear them! I also loved the Prints and Bolds, but you know me, I like to blend in. These were something I had to try on first to make sure I wasn't stepping too far out of my comfort zone.

I took my sister Celeste with me. Yes, you heard me right, she also got a free dress. Whenever you get to try something free, they send a coupon for a friend or two as well. It's great! Anyway, Celeste and I left the kids at home with our spouses and hit up the local Old Navy. We basically grabbed anything that looked like we even might like it. The poor dressing room attendant had to deal with our piles of dresses. We had so much fun looking at all the new styles and prints, and the dresses are so cute in person that we grabbed more in the store than we had actually liked online.

Okay, this is the dress I loved online. It was so spring-y and pretty! But when I tried it on I realized my, uh, chest was too big. It just didn't fit my body type the way I liked. So sad! But this was only my first dress to try on. Many more to go!

Celeste also tried on that dress. It was super popular! I thought it looked nice on her, but it wasn't her favorite once it was on. Bummer!

After checking out one store, we still hadn't seen anything we loved. There would be more pictures, but... well, those are embarassing. Let's just say the dresses were super cute on other people. Not me.

We drove to the next Old Navy, which is actually the one in my city (we thought the other store was bigger but I don't really think it is).
Ta-da! I walked in and immediately saw the cross-front maxi on the wall. Yeah, okay, it's black, blah blah blah. I know I have way too much black in my wardrobe. But I paired it with a bright pink cardi and it totally was cute. This is what I ended up getting. It's made out of jersey knit and it is so cute and comfortable, like wearing pajamas! I even bought the cardi with it!

Celeste also got the cross front maxi, but hers is in blue. It's a great color on her! She tried on her cardi with it and we realized it reminded us of something... oh yeah. Seahawks colors! Haha! She did not get the cardi with it, but already owned one that went well with it. Celeste is much more comfortable mixing colors (and wearing colors) and she was so excited to get a new dress for the summer!

We ended the night at Applebee's for half price appetizers. We both needed a Girls Night Out and nothing ends a night of shopping like way too much fried food and Diet Coke!

Celeste and I wore our new dresses to church the next Sunday. My dad was speaking in the Anderson Island branch (it's a small island in the Puget Sound) so we got to take the whole family on a quick little ferry. I love love love my dress!
Celeste paired hers with a light blue/green cardi and I love the mix of colors. They just work so well!

Thank you so much to Crowdtap and Old Navy! This sample share was so fun and I definitely recommend Old Navy's dresses to everyone. There are so many styles to choose from with different colors and fabrics. There is something for everyone at a great price. Plus, a lot of them are even on sale so you can get them at an even greater price!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay I seriously need to come visit the next time you get one of these coupon things! I want a free, comfy, cute dress! I love that you always get black:) Hey I say if you look good in it, why be adventurous!

Celeste Pearson said...

Uh,I totally look pregnant in that last picture. I need to work on my posture. Oh, and my abs :) Thanks for inviting me!!