Every year (every year) the kids' school does a fundraiser at the beginning of the year. Ugh. I hate fundraisers. And I'm even on the PTSA board (although that apparently doesn't qualify me to change the fundraiser to something different). So this year we sold more cookie dough. I don't mind the stuff. It's nice to have around when my kids want a snack or I'm in charge of bringing something to a get together. But it's $16 a piece. And the fundraising company had a big kick off assembly where they drilled it into the kids heads that if they sold 15 (fifteen!) boxes of cookie dough and/or restaurant discount cards, they could go in a limo ride around town and then get a pizza lunch. In kindergarten and first grade, we sold barely enough for Olivia. Jack, even though he is in preschool and not really part of the fundraiser, wanted to sell some too. That's 30!
This year, though it was a little tough. Granted, the discount cards are a really good value (lots of buy one, get one free stuff at like Applebee's, DQ, Subway, etc), but I'd hounded all my neighbors, family and friends the past two years about it and most just didn't want more cookie dough! We didn't have enough, until Jack gave Olivia his sales and she made it to 15. It was super sweet of him, although I'm not sure he knew what he was really giving up.
Fast forward to December, when they got to go on their limo ride. Olivia and Rix were together, and I had been asked to take pictures of all the groups going on the trip (for the yearbook). The principal asked if I wanted to go on the limo ride with him and the second graders because he was short a parent chaperone. I told him I couldn't because Jack was in the office and I didn't want to leave him. He says "well, let him come then." Jack was so excited! He couldn't stop smiling and was mesmerized the whole time. He even got to have some pizza. I guess karma really paid him back for being so nice to give up his sales :)
Rix, Jack and Olivia. These pictures are mostly for you to see Rix. He was kind of excited :)
Both my kiddos. Let's just hope next year I don't have to sell any more cookie dough :)


1 comment:
Wow! You are a nicer mom than I am! I told Rylynn there was no way:) I think she sold like 5 things. I don't think I'll show her these pics or I would never hear the end of it! I love how Jack is beaming. That is so cool the limo driver let him come along.
Post a Comment