Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review: Listerine Total Care Zero

Okay, so I'll admit it. I'm a dentist's wife who doesn't use mouth rinse. I guess most people don't. It stings and isn't usually pleasant, and afterwards everything tastes like mint for at least three hours. I've used it now and then (like, say, after I eat lots of garlic or onions) and it's not like a regret it, it just isn't my favorite part of taking care of my teeth and gums.

So when Crowdtap gave me the opportunity to try out a new kind of mouthwash, I was interested. They sent me a bottle of new Listerine Total Care Zero, which promises less intense flavor. It came in a clear bottle with a pretty pale purple color. However, the taste doesn't match the color. It still has a mild minty flavor but it doesn't sting like normal Listerine. It was easy to use without making my eyes water, but I didn't love the after taste or the film that it left in my mouth and on my teeth. These don't last long, but it wasn't necessarily ideal. However, if you do care about your teeth and don't like intense mouth washes, then this one is for you. I'll give it a try while I have the bottle, but I'm still not sold.
Adam even tried it out. He also noticed a film on his teeth but said the flavor was slightly minty and bearable compared to other mouth rinses.

No comments: