Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We got visitors!

Back in our former life in Utah, Adam was a server at Macaroni Grill. We had a lot of good memories with that place (and I'm not talking their unlimited bread or chocolate ganache cake!). Adam made some great friends while working there and we always had fun with them! I can remember game nights, my first motorcycle ride (and hoping my mother would never find out because she'd kill me), and hanging out way past midnight at The Village Inn (even with a newborn fast asleep in her carseat carrier.

One of the friends that Adam made was Jesse. He and his wife were super fun and we had a blast with them. Well, after six or so years, they finally had a reunion of sorts. Jesse and Beth were in Seattle for like two days and asked us to come up and hang out with them. Adam was super excited and we had a great time. We don't normally get to venture up to Seattle so it was a great opportunity for the kids to see the city too. We really only hit up Pike Place Market, because it's awesome. We love that place, although we've never taken our kids because it's so crowded. And let me tell you, it's impossible to get a stroller through the crowds, so we brought our double stroller just to be crazy!
Olivia checking out the Puget Sound from the windows of the Market.
Jesse and Adam catching up. They did a lot of that.
The best to way not lose a kid in Pike Place is to strap them in a stroller. The best way to keep them in the stroller is to give them iPhones with games.
Pike Place is known for it's fresh fish (and veggies, fruits, flowers, but mostly seafood!)
And for the weird guys who pose as statues to get money from you. Seriously, this guy paints himself gold and stands there so still, but he still isn't getting my money.
Lots of flowers!
French bakery, and it all looked so good! I definitely have to actually get something next time.
Anyone heard about the "flying fish" at Pike Place? If you order a fish, the workers will toss it around to each other to get it wrapped, paid for, etc. Really entertaining!
The spice store. This wall is full from top to bottom of these glass jars with different spices. I haven't heard of most of these but it smells amazing in there! And yes, I was super paranoid with Jack and Olivia in there. I was so afraid I'd have to buy something if they broke it!
I love the Sound. A ferry off in the distance, another docked on the left. I think boats are so pretty.
This is right on the docks, and near the back you'll see Ivar's Seafood Bar. We ate there for lunch, and my parents and grandma swear by it.
We ate outside in the covered eating area. It's covered because of the rain. And the birds. The many, many birds.
Here are some of the birds. They are flying all around the outside of the eating area, and a lot are sitting in the water below waiting for you to throw them some food. You can buy a handful at the quarter machines, or just throw them some of your fries from Ivar's.
The sign says you can feed the seagulls, and another sign tells you not to feed any of the other birds. We found out why, since right after this the other birds started attacking anyone with food and freaked my kids out (I just tossed the rest of the fries at the seagulls in the water and ran for it!)
See? Freaked them out. It was actually kinda funny in hindsight.
Outside "Ye Olde Curiousty Shoppe" down the street from Ivar's. Cute things inside, and the kids got to pick out a sucker. We had a great time with Jesse and Beth and hopefully they come visit Seattle again sometime!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Your post makes me miss Seattle! I love that place!