Sunday, October 2, 2011

Olivia turned SEVEN!!!

This is so cliche to say, but I can't believe Olivia turned seven in August. I look back to the last seven years and she has grown up so much. We have moved from Utah to Ohio and then to Washington in her seven years. She has had to learn to make friends more than once, and has been so fun to watch navigate through life in her own way.

Most of you know that she is ultra sensitive and if she has the slightest feeling that you are mad or disappointed in her, she will melt down in tears. She wants nothing more than to please everyone and make someone happy. She is also super imaginitive and comes up with the craziest stories. She has written many, many books, most of which we've kept to show her when she grows up. She illustrates them too. She loves to sing and is currently practicing to be in "Savior of the World" with Adam, Jack and I. She also loves to dance and is sad that she isn't in any dance classes right now. Hopefully we'll get her back in soon.

For her birthday party, we celebrated at Pump It Up, an indoor inflatable party place. We've been a couple times before for their play time and the kids love it. Plus, they come home so tired that they all take naps.

We got to spend 30 minutes in each of the two rooms. It went by really fast!
Rix and Ethan. These two are great friends and kinda start to look alike after a while....
You can tell when Jack is having a good time. His hair starts to get curly from all the sweat!
Aubrey got over her fear of the inflatable slide and went down constantly. Good job!
Bryan even got in on the action.
Kelli, Jeremiah and Adam not watching their kids.
Ethan and Jack in one of the toys. You put the ball in the hole and it shot out the other end from air. You can see the need for safety goggles.
Madelynn even wanted to try it. Even if all she did was steal and horde all the balls.
The whole group. A lot of Olivia's friends came out to celebrate with her!
She even got an inflatable crown and scepter that she got to take home.
She sat in the special chair while we all sang Happy Birthday.
Olivia decided she wanted cupcake cones. Great idea at the time. Killer headache to try and transport all the way to Pump It Up. We didn't have any casualties though!
Roman, part of Olivia, and Camille.
Once Olivia got up from her chair, it was chaos with all the kids trying to get a turn sitting in it.
Cole and Isaac. It was nice to have so many cousins there too!
Madeline (who we refer to as "my friend Madeline" as opposed to "my sister Madelynn"), who Olivia has known since kindergarten. They've got to be in the same class every year so far!

And of course we went to Red Robin on Olivia's actual birthday. The kids know this is a tradition and love getting their own ice cream (which the always share with their siblings).
They made Olivia stand on her chair and hold the ice cream high "like the Statue of Liberty" while the staff sang and clapped.
Her fave part? The cherry and hot fudge. Mmm... those are my fave too!

The following Sunday we had cake and ice cream with the family. We had it over at Dave and Lindsay's house (who aren't technically my family, Dave is my bro-in-law Bryan's brother but they are close enough!).
I made 4-layer Hot Fudge Sundae Cake. It was as chocolately as it sounds. And it definitely had four layers! Olivia picked it out off the Picky Palate website, and I've put the recipe on the new blog with my sisters. It can be found here.
Dave and Lindsay live right behind a park, which was perfect for the kids. They ran around and played until dinner was ready. This is one of the few times I actually got Jack not running and playing.
Love her curls.
Olivia holding Jacob. I swear my kids have apparently never seen a baby because as soon as Jacob is around, they are hovering around him and begging to hold him.
Beautiful birthday girl! She is going to be a heartbreaker when she's older!
Blowing out the candles. And yes, our awful singing made Madelynn cry. Again. We always sing as bad as we can just for fun. I'm pretty sure the neighbor's are rethinking their opinions about Dave and Lindsay after hearing us too.
Mmm.... four layers of yummy chocolateyness.
Nana and Liv. She got some cute jewelry and art stuff and was so happy.
Uh... Papa and Liv. He wore that color so we wouldn't lose him. I'm only assuming.
Jack and Jacob. Jack looovvveeeees Jacob. He is always asking about him and when he's around Jacob he is always poking him and touching his head or something. He is mildly obsessed to the point that we have to threaten him with punishment if he doesn't leave the poor baby alone. It is cute, though, how much he loves his baby cousin.

Here are some fun facts about Olivia!

When I grow up I want to be: A movie star AND an author (she has high aspirations)
My favorite color is: Pink (duh)
My favorite show is: iCarly
My favorite movie is: Barbie and the Fairy Secret
My favorite food is: Ice cream
My favorite restaurant is: McDonald's and Red Robin
My friends are: Alyssa, Autumn, Madeline
My favorite book is: Tangled
My teacher is: Mrs. Brown (2nd grade)
My favorite school subject is: Writing
This year I want to learn to: Write better and ride my bike without training wheels

Happy birthday Olivia!

5 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Seriously your kids birthdays are like week long events! But Olivia's birthday was lots of fun and I'm glad we could celebrate with her! And love your pics - especially the one of Madelynn at the park - and the cake one. Really, I just loved the cake. :)

Kelli said...

I love your kids and I miss them! Maybe you could send them out for a weekend? Yes?

Exuberant Chaos said...

Your picture taking is so great in these! and of course your kids are gorgeous!

Rachel said...

I still can't believe she is 7! Her birthday festivities look like so much fun! I love the pic of Madelynn with those goggles on hoarding all the balls. So cute! So that cake looks amazing! Since it is from picky palate does it have like broccoli hidden in there somewhere?:) That would be kind of an amazing accomplishment to make a chocolate cake healthy. Oh and I think jack is trying to tell you something with all the baby loving:)

Stina said...

What a cutie! You're kids are growing up so fast! They are dang cute. And what a fun mom you are!!!