Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wedding Dancing

My brother, Kory, and his wife Ana Lee came into town to attend Kory's best friend's wedding. Kory was the best man. It was lots of fun having them in town and we all attended the wedding reception. It was a luau of sorts and the food was amazing. They had an entire dinner spread and a candy table. My kids (and the cousins) made many trips to the candy table.

Anyway, part of the reception was set aside for dancing. The bride's mother and some other women did traditional dances for the bride and groom, and then she asked for two child volunteers for help. So... Jack and Hayden walked right up there and busted a move. It was hilarious! Jack has a very ninja/breakdancer kind of way he dances. Plus he had a sucker in his mouth the whole time. It was way cute. 
BFFs Madelynn and Aubrey had to be in the middle of the dancing kids once they invited everyone out, but neither of them actually did anything but stand there and look cute.
Liv insisted she was hurt out on the dance floor and limped off in dramatic fashion, but I think she was really upset that she didn't get chosen to volunteer like Jack (she was out of the room at the time), plus lack of sleep and lots of sugar does not make a happy Olivia.
Kory, being the best man, was chosen to learn a funny dance where he had to move his hips every time there was a beat. Then a bunch of girls came and danced around him. It was all in jest and he was a good sport about it. And it was really funny to watch.
On the way out the door, Olivia was telling Kory her woes about not getting to dance at the wedding. Kory, being the awesome uncle he is, waited until after the bride and groom's dances were over and invited her to dance with him. It literally made her night. Thanks Kory!
Unfortunately it was a fast song so she didn't get to slow dance with her uncle, but they had a great time anyway. It was fun, but I don't think I'm bringing kids to a wedding reception for a while!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I totally forgot about that, too bad we didn't get video :)

Rachel said...

What a good uncle! That picture of him listening to her cry is so cute! I love Jack's ninja dance moves too. Celeste's baby shower looks so fun too. I really want those chicken salad sandwiches now! I posted pics of our fun weekend on my blog you just have to scroll down past all the Beckett trauma:) We miss you guys!