One of the things I miss most about Ohio was the community pool in Shaker Heights. Since we were Shaker residents, we got a family pass to the pool for $45 a year. It was a steal and
way worth the money. They had a gated wading pool for younger kids and a larger pool for swimming, which also included a "lazy river" with pool noodles, a slide (which was usually closed) and a diving board. My kids and I spend almost every day throughout the summer at that pool. When we moved to Washington, I was really sad that there are no community pools here. Not only is the weather not very cooperative to make a pool cost efficient, but the cities here just don't appreciate them like they would in Ohio where the weather is muggy and hot most of the spring/summer months. So I was a little excited to find spray parks in the area! We've only been to this one, Franklin Park, because it's the one most of the people I know recommended, but my kids really like it and it's only about 10 minutes away. We usually pack a lunch, grab towels and a blanket and picnic there while the kids play in the water and the playground.

Madelynn takes a while to get into the water, but once she's in it takes a lot to get her out!
This is the only time I got a picture of Cole. He was on the go the entire time.
Olivia, Jack and Hayden in the playground. You sit in this thing and it spins and spins and spins. The kids love it. I get sick just looking at it.
Uh, "swinging"?
Seriously, Roman is smiling all the time :)
Holy Elmers Glue! My son is pasty. Those would be my genes, thankyouverymuch.
I loved this swimsuit... too bad it suffered a huge tear in the bum a few weeks later :) Oh well, Olivia is still beautiful :)
Jack is in the water going crazy! He's like Maddie, he needs to be coaxed into it, but once he's there he has a blast!
4 comments:
Love spray parks!! We have the same annoying lack of community pools on this side of the state. It drives me crazy. I cannot believe that picture of Roman! He looks so grown up. I hate I when cute clothes/swimsuits get ruined! Rylynn's had a serious case of saggy bum so we had to toss it and I am not thrilled with the replacement she chose! Seriously it's so ugly. You'll get to see it at silverwood:) my daughter has the weirdest taste and you know how easy she is to convince when it comes to clothes! We are so excited to see you guys in a week!!
Ummm, who said Olivia could grow up? Seriously! She's so pretty! Miss you guys!
Jack is so pale! LOL too cute. I love the last action shot of him.
We needs to be getting to the spray park before the weather gets cold again!!
Post a Comment