Friday, August 5, 2011

Fourth of July: Part 2

After the Steilacoom street fair, we met up with the rest of the cousins at a nearby park (and of course went all-american and picked up some lunch at Burger King). This park is rarely used for some reason and it's right next to an LDS church building. We sat under the picnic pavilion to get away from the sun while the kids played. It was such a beautiful, hot day! One of the first of the summer. It was perfect.
Adam kind of fits right in :)
As Celeste noted, I threatened to call the police about the dead man with a baby on his chest. Haha! Bryan tried to sleep on the grass with baby Jacob (who was like 2 weeks-ish?). Hard to do with 9 kids running around!
The kids love when Bryan throws them in the air. Here is Roman. He should maybe be a flier for cheerleaders.

After the park, we went back to Nana and Papa's house for some Slip N Slide action and a barbeque. The kids hadn't ever been on a Slip N Slide before (I know, what kind of parents are we?!) so the daddys ended up throwing them down the slide instead. It was awesome!

As you can see, Jack and Olivia loved it. In fact, they loved it before they were thrown down it, when they would run and barely slide a few inches. They loved it after Bryan "bowled" with them down the slide! Madelynn.....?
Not so much. She's my fearless one too!
Aubrey didn't like it either. It was really funny to see the two girls react the same way to the slide.
Don't you just want to hug her?!

After our delicious barbeque (one of my fave things of summer!) we went to a house on the lake to watch the fireworks. My dad remodeled part of their home and every year since (it's been since I was like in high school) he's been invited to their show. Yeah, their show. They and their neighbors fund and put on the huge lake show. They have firework cannons set up on the beach of their home and have a special license and everything. And it is LOUD since it's right next door. Adam and Madelynn stayed home, but the other two kids and I went and had lots of fun with cousins, aunts, uncles and Nana and Papa. There were also treats and soda, so the kids were in heaven.
Our view of the lake. See the white dome behind the trees. That's Mt. Rainier. Love it.
Jack and I snuggled in Spiderman blanket. Ten minutes into the show he wanted to go home, but stuck with it after I gave him his very own can of Sprite.
Liv cuddled with Nana and Papa in her iCarly blanket. I didn't see her the entire night.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

LOL I love that picture of Aubrey and Madelynn, I totally LOLed.

Melanie said...

Great Pics! It sounds like you guys had an amazing 4th and what a view to end the night!