Thursday, June 16, 2011

Carnival!!!

Olivia told her teacher the other day that she wasn't coming back to Park Lodge next year. She was going to transfer to Idlewild Elementary. Why, you ask?

Their school carnival.

Yup. Not the teachers, or the awesome playground, but their annual fundraiser carnival. Don't worry, though. She's staying at Park Lodge. She decided she'd stay after I told her that she doesn't have to go to Idlewild in order to go to the carnival. Crisis averted.

Anyway, the carnival is way fun. It's been an annual thing since I was there as a student. Each room has a different game with a small prize, there is a cake walk where we always end up with a cake or two, Bingo, a dunk tank and huge inflatable slides. The food is good too- cotton candy, hot dogs, burgers, etc. It's lots of fun and my kids talk about it for weeks.









I loved watching this one stand in line. She would stick with Olivia and loved holding her own tickets.

The face painting was only 4 tickets, which was 80 cents. It was awesome and sparkly all at once! Jack had to leave early for the Father/Son campout but he still got in lots of games. In the end we came home with lots of toys that may or may not have been thrown away within a day or two and we won two cakes (Adam and Olivia). It was fun and we'll definitely be back next year!

Side note: I added some more pictures and a cute video on my Mother's Day post that is way worth watching!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That is hilarious! The carnival looks super fun though so I don't blame her. In fact it reminded me of a little stunt I pulled in Preschool when I begged my mom to switch me from PM preschool to AM when I found out that the AM class was having a pancake party:) I made up some other excuse so she did it and then after the party I told her I wanted to go back to PM:) Hehe. If one of my kids did that I would kill them. That face paint is some serious art work! Can't wait to see you guys in a month or two!!

Summer said...

Awesome face painting job on Olivia! School carnivals are so fun!

Celeste Pearson said...

I love the carnival! My kids ask at least weekly when we are going back. And the face painting was so cool this year.