Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Elder Perry visits!

Our stake had the opportunity to have Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles come and speak to us. He was here for an area leadership conference for about 11 stakes in our area, so Adam and my dad got to go to the Friday night meeting for ward mission leaders (Adam) and stake presidencies (my dad). Adam even got to shake Elder Perry's hand. Then on Sunday Elder Perry chose our stake to come to for Sacrament Meeting. We held a special stake conference, and Celeste, Olivia and I got to the stake center at 7am to save seats for the 10am meeting. It was crazy early but we were the first people there. We felt like those crazy fans who wait all night to see their favorite star! Anyway, the meeting was amazing and Elder Perry was really funny. Adam, my mom and I and the kids waited about 45 minutes in line after the meeting to meet him too. He was super friendly and so patient to shake hands with so many people. We even got a picture with him, which I'm not sure is totally okay to take pictures in the chapel, but we did anyway! Shh... don't tell!

Elder Perry shook each of my kids hands, and when he saw Madelynn he said "Now isn't she a bright little penny!" Cute, huh?

6 comments:

Kelli said...

You lucky freaking duck! We live in Utah and I'm not meeting apostles. Seriously!!! What a cute man, glad you were able to get a super secret photo of him :)

Rachel said...

That is so awesome!! We got to meet him at one of our family reunions one time, he just happened to be at Bear Lake at the same time. He was so nice and he was totally taller than I had expected. That's so cute what he said about Madelynn. You are so hard core to go at 7am! I love it.

Stina said...

We met Elder Perry at the Grand America's breakfast buffet when we were first married. He's very tall! You guys are hilarious to get there so early. That's what we did when the BYU football team did a fireside... Benefits of living outside of Utah!!

Summer said...

The real question is, why did you have a camera at church withyou? Ü HaHaHa! Glad you did though, cause that's a cool picture! I saw him on the street in SLC and was amazed at how tall he is! What a cute thing he said about Madelynn! I love it!

Celeste Pearson said...

It was cool! And we were hard core. I was NOT sitting in the far back unable to see him! It was probably a once in a lifetime experience. And don't worry. Your picture secret is safe with me :)

Miriam said...

Very Cool Carissa. You are such a rebel rule breaker!