Monday, August 5, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was at Nana and Papa's house, like usual. It's always so much fun to get together and spend the whole day as a family. Yes, it's chaotic and there are always little fights between cousins, but it's still the only place I'd want to be: with family. Plus we make (and eat!) lots of food. Christmas Eve is traditionally a snack all day on appetizer kind of day. And I loooove myself some appetizers! We always make (and eat) way too much!
Celeste made homemade gingerbread to make houses for the kids. It tasted divine!

Bryan helped his boys make their gingerbread houses while Celeste and I finished up some last minute shopping.

Adam helped our kids. It was fun to see how the dads really got into the gingerbread house making :)


Jack showing off his creation

Maddy showing off hers. They're all mostly candy...

Uh, consider this your Christmas card from our cute kids. We never got one out!

Adam and I too... so, Merry Christmas :)

Every year, Santa visits Nana and Papa's house. He sometimes brings jammies, sometimes a small toy, and this year he brought chocolate Santas for everyone. Madelynn was in love.


Jack was so funny with Santa. He was excited and shy at the same time. He made sure Santa knew exactly what it was that he wanted under the tree on Christmas!

Olivia had her speech all ready for Santa "I want an Ultimate Easy Bake Oven" and that was about it.

Even the older kids got to sit on Santa's lap. Jonah was so excited.

Adam being "helpful." I swear I get a picture like this every holiday.

Nana and Papa were leaving Christmas Day to see Kory and Kelli, so they had the grandkids open their presents on Christmas Eve.

Jack loves his Batman mask. Mostly to freak out Jacob.


I love that Olivia is finally at the age where she likes getting clothes for Christmas.

Celeste, Kelli, Kory and I splurged on Nana this year and got her a necklace that has a picture of her and Papa when they were engaged. It is the sweetest picture and she loved it.

Olivia was dead set on making me something for Christmas. She really wanted to make a a pajama shirt (because apparently I wear them a lot....). Adam took her to the store and she made this for me all on her own. I loved it :)

All ready for Santa to come! Milk is poured, cookies are out and stockings are hung. Santa is coming!!!

No comments: