Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Mini Vacay in Ocean Shores

Since we didn't take a vacation this summer, Adam and I decided to take a semi-spontaneous trip to Ocean Shores for a day early in July. We left early, drove a couple of hours, and ended up at the Pacific Ocean. I am not sure my kids have ever seen the ocean before, and it was huge. It took a lot of courage to let my kids step into the ocean, but they had a blast! We grabbed some Subway, ate on the beach and played in the sand and water. It was suuuuuper windy but not that cold, and we forgot to put sunscreen on since it was cloudy and windy and my poor kids got a little burned. Oops.

We had fun walking around the town, buying ice cream and tons of flavors of salt water taffy, plus another magnet to add to our refrigerator. The kids still talk about this and can't wait to go back.
Madelynn had fun chasing the birds away from our picnic.
Jack tried to throw rocks at the birds... don't worry, we stopped him. He had just as much fun chasing the birds away from our food!
Jack and Olivia already running into the waves, I'm trying to coax Madelynn into it.



Love this.

Daddy saved the day!

Meh, this is as close as I could get with all three of them. It was so windy, plus the kids didn't want to sit still!

Aw, sisterly love!

Aw, brotherly love!

Awwww, I think the water got too high or it was too cold... something. Poor kid :) She ended up snuggled up with all of the towels for the rest of the water playtime.

This one and the redhead couldn't get enough of the water.

Adam guarded our stuff. Madelynn used up all our towels.

So cute, watching them talk and walk in the waves.

I have no idea what Jack is doing. Pretty typical.

Olivia was trying to get sand out of her eyes. I think.

Adam had just as much fun (if not more!) fun building sand castles with the kids.






Sand covered Madelynn...

That explains it.

So does this.

And Jack was covered in sand. Like head to toe. I swear he swam more in the sand then the water!

No comments: